Whether you are shopping for yourself or for a fashion aficionado in your life, enjoy this list of stunning fashion coffee table books to find perfect additions to any collection. Order the book 100 Years of Fashion by Cally Blackman (pictured) here.
COFFEE TABLE BOOKS ABOUT FASHION
“I don’t like people talking about the Chanel fashion. Chanel– above all else, is a style. Fashion, you see, goes out of fashion. Style never.”
– Coco Chanel
Order any of the fashion coffee table books below simply by clicking either the blue links or the featured photos! Check size specifications before placing your order. Enjoy! All of my lists are “living,” meaning I update them with new items as I find products that are perfect fits for my posts. So please do come back soon!
Related: Decorative Trays for Coffee Tables
Coffee Table Books
Things to Remember
There are three basic principles to keep in mind when choosing coffee table books for your home.
- Keep in mind the color scheme of the room that the book will be in. My favorite fashion coffee table book is the first one on this list. The cover has a stunning bright red dress on it; my living room, with turquoise and orange, is therefore not the place for it (no matter how much I like it). Ideally, coffee table books help bring a sense of cohesion to a room instead of clashing with it. Pay attention to the colors on the cover.
- Bear in mind the other items that you have/are planning on having on your coffee table. If you already have other decorative items on your coffee table, perhaps a smaller book will add more than a hefty book will. If you only are planning on having the one book on the table, perhaps you want something large and eye-catching!
- Choose something that is of genuine interest to you. One aspect of decorating with coffee table books that I love is that you can leave the books closed or open. Opening the books offers the opportunity to change up the look in minor ways from day-to-day just by flipping the page. If you choose a book that you are interested in, you will likely enjoy reading through the pages and displaying different topics as the mood strikes.
For my fashion lovers out there, or for those looking for gifts for a fashionista in their lives, I can definitely help you with number three on the list of things to remember.
Without further ado, here are some of my favorite coffee table books about fashion!
Fashion Coffee Table Books
- Vogue: The Covers by Dodie Kazanjian and Hamish Bowles. A collection of the iconic magazine’s covers from 1892- 2011, this book will delight fashion and history lovers alike.
- Chanel: The Complete Karl Lagerfeld Collections (Catwalk) by Adélia Sabatini and Patrick Mauriès. A beautiful look at Karl Lagerfeld’s runway collections during his reign at the House of Chanel (150 total).
- Chanel and Her World by Edmonde Charles-Roux. I especially love that the spine on this cover is pink! Less about modern-day Chanel and more about Coco at the start of her empire, this book offers a delightful look at one of fashion’s most beloved women.
- Dior Couture by Ingrid Sischy and Patrick Demarchelier. A portraiture collection of over one hundred of Dior’s most dramatic gowns.
- The Hèrmes Scarf: History and Mystique by Nadine Coleno. The design house’s amazing scarves come to live in this book. A must-have for scarf or Hermès lovers and collectors.
- All in Good Taste by Kate Spade. From the fashion mogul Kate Spade to you, this book offers a stylish look on how to be a modern-day hostess. I love the contemporary and playful feel of the cover. Adorable!
- Valentino: Themes and Variations by Pamela Golbin, Valentino, and Francois Harland. For those of you who do not know, Valentino is one of two fashion houses outside of Paris formally and officially recognized by the French government as haute couture. This exquisite book celebrate the first forty-five years of Valentino’s world-renowned career.
- 100 Years of Fashion by Cally Blackman. With over four hundred photographs and illustrations, this book thoroughly chronicles a wide variety of fashions and trends from 1900- 2000.
- Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty by Andrew Bolton and Sølve Sundsbø. A stunning homage to the late, modern-day legend Alexander McQueen, published in conjunction with an accoladed exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Tory Burch: In Color by Tory Burch. Fashion designer and business woman Tory Burch shares her story, designs, and inspirations in this book. Each chapter is separated by color; that coupled with the eccentric cover design makes this a cheerful book for your table!
Let me know which of these gorgeous fashion coffee table books you like the most in the comment section below! Already have one of these or have another coffee table book about fashion that you simply adore? Share how you like to style yours below too!
Cheers to Fashion!
Lauren King Savage
Love Instagram? Me too! Follow me @laurenkingsavage.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s owner is strictly prohibited. Quoted excerpts and links may be used, provided that clear credit is given to Lauren King Savage at laurenkingsavage.com with specific links to original content.