With summer around the corner, and the fact that I am visiting California, tropical decor and fashion have naturally been on my mind lately! Today, I have put together a tropical home decor look for a bedroom, complete with many different home decor accents. I personally love bright colors, and I love the tropical motifs of pineapples, bamboo, and palm leaves as well. So while I do have a wide variety of items, you will find that this look is put together with these particular style preferences infused throughout. Hope that you enjoy!
TROPICAL BEDROOM DECOR
Order any of the tropical bedroom decor items featured below by clicking on the photos or on the aqua links. Have fun looking through all of these beach-inspired items!
For a Bedroom Inspired by The Sea
And by carefree, happy days spent in the sand
- I am very much in love with this cane bed frame, which is woven with rattan by hand. A classic tropical look if you ask me, and perfect to kick off this list and set the stage for the rest of the tropical bedroom look.
- I chose to pair the bed above with this pineapple accent table/nightstand because the table offers a little something for the eye to hold onto without possessing overwhelming details.
- I knew from the moment that I started working on this article that I wanted the bedding to really grab your attention. I love this tasseled deco fan duvet because the vintage pattern reminds me a lot of seashells and the brightness almost matches that of a sunny day. Additionally, the color reminds me of coral that I have seen while snorkeling. I like that this bedding is reminiscent of days spent somewhere tropical without being overtly obvious about it. The second photo is of matching euro shams to complete the look.
- Since the duvet is so bright, I feel that white sheets are a nice and elegant way to balance out the bedding. I love these trimmed white sheets (white sheets don’t have to be boring) and actually feel confident that any of the below options would look wonderful with the above duvet.
- Adding art prints/artwork to your walls provides a natural opportunity to bring elements of your design focus into play and also help tie everything together. The first print on this list is a simple beach scene, and I love the combination of the aqua blue of the ocean and sky and the neutral creams of the lifeguard house and sand.
I love the light blue hues of this palm leaf print.
And this modern seascape certainly brings a contemporary splash to the look!
When I saw this surfing sloth print, I simply had to include it. What’s not to love about surfing sloths? If you are wanting to keep a light-hearted vibe in the room, definitely consider this little gem of a print (or something similar).
Also consider adding vintage posters to your walls:
- When I started thinking about what kinds of additional furniture to add to the room, I really wanted to incorporate more neutrals. If you think about tropical places, there are often lots of neutrals (be it in the sand or elsewhere) amongst all of the bright colors. There is also lots of relaxation! I think that this hanging chair really offers both in its own unique way, and would be an awesome and memorable addition to any tropical bedroom.
- This lantern floor lamp has such an beach-chic feel to it, and would look so cool in a room with the hanging chair above! For a tropical bedroom, I like the idea of incorporating a floor lamp that conveys that vacation/low-key beach party/beach dinner date feel.
If you would prefer a tropical table lamp, take a look at these:
- I really liked the idea of adding this sea foam, bamboo accented dresser to this list because of its interesting details and the fact that the color stands out but isn’t overpowering.
- I also love this raffia covered, nailhead detail dresser for a tropical bedroom.
- Should you wish to include a coffee table in your bedroom, definitely consider this bamboo frame coffee table. Classic, elegant, functional, and tropical all at the same time. Plus, the gold and the glass makes this an incredibly versatile piece.
- To add to the look, and to spruce up any table surfaces, include home decor accent pieces such as trays, coffee table books, candles, etc. on your tables, nightstands, dressers, and shelves. Click on any of the photos below to take a better look at the items (especially the coffee table books, which you can see in much more detail on the publishers’ pages).
More tropical accents (I love the throw blanket so much):
Many thanks for reading, and please do come back and visit soon! Should you feel inspired to share this look with others who you think might enjoy it, please do! 🙂
Lauren King Savage
P.S. If you have any thoughts, comments, or questions about my tropical bedroom decor look, please write to me in the reply box below. Thank you!
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s owner is strictly prohibited. Quoted excerpts and links may be used, provided that clear credit is given to Lauren King Savage at laurenkingsavage.com with specific links to original content.